Ponzi Scheme Defense Lawyers in Dallas
Experienced & Aggressive Fraud Crime Attorneys
A Ponzi scheme is a financially-motivated investment scam. This crime is often characterized by using money paid in by new investors to pay older investors, creating a cycle that keeps investor confidence high. There are many different types of Ponzi schemes, often promising merchandise sales or some type of product that may not exist.
According to the law, a Ponzi scheme typically involves the following:
- Promises to investors that they will receive a high financial return if they invest.
- Individuals invest in the business venture.
- The organizers use money received from newer investors to pay old investors, keeping their confidence intact.
- Earlier investors get excited about the return on their money and encourage others to invest.
- Eventually, organizers leave the investors behind.
At the Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC, we offer aggressive legal defense to clients accused of serious fraud crime.
Defense Against Ponzi Scheme Accusations
Being accused of a serious fraud-related crime can carry extremely heavy penalties. Our Dallas criminal defense lawyers are experienced at not only investigating charges of this nature but also in negotiating our clients' cases. We are familiar with the way local prosecutors and judges work, especially when it comes to investment and business-related fraud charges.
Contact Our Firm Today
You can rely on us to use our understanding of complex fraud charges to seek a positive outcome in your case. We may employ a variety of defense strategies, including showing that there was no intention to cause financial harm or that you were not involved in any intentional wrongdoing.
If you would like to set up a case consultation to discuss your situation with a qualified Dallas Ponzi scheme attorney, call us today at (214) 238-9392.