Dallas Sex Crime Lawyers
Defending False Rape, Sexual Abuse Accusations, & Much More
Few accusations can do more damage than accusations of sexual misconduct. Being charged with a sex crime, such as sexual assault or indecent contact with a minor, is a most serious matter. With the Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC, we provide clients with the tough, ethical representation they need.
If you are being investigated or you have been charged with a sex crime in Dallas, contact us to schedule a consultation with an experienced Dallas sex crime defense lawyer. Se habla Español.
Patrick J. McLain has been practicing law for 30 years. As a former prosecutor and criminal court judge, he is familiar with every aspect of criminal trials. Our defense team has extensive experience defending people accused of sex crimes. We work hard to protect our clients and help them deal with the trauma of these difficult circumstances.
Types of Federal Sex Crime Charges We Defend
We defend clients facing a variety of serious federal charges, including:
- Statutory Rape
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Abuse
- Indecent Contact with a Child
- Indecent Exposure
- Child Pornography
- Solicitation of a Minor
- Registered Sex Offender Issues
Sex Offender Registration in Texas
Many sex crime convictions carry with them the penalty of registering as a sex offender. The sex offender registry is public and can have serious negative impacts on your life.
Sex crimes that require lifetime registration include:
- Unlawful Restraint (if the victim was younger than 17 years old)
- Kidnapping & Aggravated Kidnapping (if the victim was younger than 17 years old)
- Trafficking of Persons
- Continuous Sexual Abuse of Young Child or Children
- Sexual Assault & Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Prohibited Sexual Conduct
- Compelling Prostitution of a Minor
- Sexual Performance by a Child
- Possession or Promotion of Child Pornography
- Burglary with the intent to commit a sex crime
Sex crimes that require 10 years registration include:
- Indecent Exposure
- Indecency With a Child
- Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Prostitution (if the person solicited is younger than 18 years old)
Failure to Register
If you've been convicted of a sex crime that requires sex offender registry, you are required by law to comply with sex offender registration laws. The penalties for failing to register or failing to comply can be severe. In addition to failing to register, you can be charged with failure to comply by moving to a new city without notifying law enforcement within 7 days. If the terms of your registration also require that you update your personal information every 90 days, failing to do so can also result in serious criminal charges.
- Failure to register for a 10-year registry crime: state jail felony punishable by 180 days-2 years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000
- Failure to register for a lifetime registry crime or to verify registration once a year: Third Degree Felony punishable by 2-10 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
Contact an Experienced Dallas Sex Crime Lawyer
Every detail is important in a criminal prosecution, which is why it is so important for you to contact an experienced Dallas sex crime lawyer for sexual abuse, pornography, and other sex crimes. Having served twenty years as a U.S. Marine Corps officer and judge advocate, Patrick J. McLain has substantial courtroom experience and knows how to present a strong defense.
We give our clients peace of mind knowing that they have trusted sex crime defense lawyer in Dallas with the experience, skill, and tenacity to pursue every avenue in the quest for a satisfactory result. Our experience allows us to help people turn their lives around and protect themselves from the most serious charges.
Call (214) 238-9392 as soon as possible to schedule a consultation regarding accusations of sex crimes.
Over Two Decades in the U.S. Marine Corps
Attorney Patrick J. McLain tried his first jury trials during operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. He handles all cases with integrity and an unparalleled work-ethic.
Former Federal Prosecutor & Military Judge
Attorney Patrick J. McLain's years of experience across the aisle provide him with a unique perspective.
Over 3500 Cases Successfully Handled
Throughout his career, Patrick J. McLain has helped thousands of clients secure a better future for themselves through tenacious and aggressive representation.